When we take on a new project, we'll make sure to discuss SEO and its importance to your success in detail during the discovery phase. Even if SEO is not at the top of your list, often times it may be boosted (and automated) with very little design effort. We also realize that on-site SEO tools are only half the battle, and can help you form a gameplan to increase your site's rankings.
Webdrips can also help you with your content and social networking strategy to boost page rankings. If you have an exiting website that could use a higher page rankings, please reach out to us.
SEO for Adobe Experience Manger Sites
We can help you with the following to ensure Adobe AEM platform templates and components incorporate industry SEO best practices into the framework:
- Deliver content via HTTP/2 (H2) where possible
- Implement automatic XML sitemap generation using Sitemap Generator tool
- Create page URLs that follow known patterns
- Add metadata, such as title and description
- Require images to include alt text (which is also required for accessibility compliance)
- Add schema markup JSON-LD, which you can read about here
- Include OG tags that get picked up by Facebook and Twitter
- Apply a redirect policy when a page URI changes.
- Include a robots.txt file to tell search engines what not to crawl (which is not always respected)
- Follow architecture best practices to reduce Page load time
- Add custom 404 , 500, and general exceptions pages
- Integrate with Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools.
SEO for Drupal Sites
SEO best practices for Drupal and Adobe are identical, although how we achieve that end differs in each platform. Drupal has several plug-in modules to help boost search rankings, and Webdrips has worked with most of them. There's even a SEO checklist tool to help maximize your site's rankings. If you're site doesn't have SEO-based modules, your missing out on simple but effective tools to boost your search rankings.
Drupal 7 boosted SEO in a big way with RDF integration (see below), providing some Semantic Web (or by some people's definition "Web 3.0") compliance. Drupal also includes other SEO features out of box, and there's literally dozens of contributed modules.
Drupal 8 brings you the Big Pipe technique, invented by FaceBook, which greatly improves performance.
RDF is a W3C standard for modeling and sharing distributed knowledge based on a decentralized open-world assumption. Any knowledge about content can be decomposed into triples (3-tuples) consisting of subject, predicate, and object; essentially, RDF is the lowest common denominator for exchanging data between systems.